At Cookies for Kids’ Cancer, when we say every single dollar counts, we mean it. The funding we provide for pediatric cancer research is made possible because Good Cookies nationwide (and even in other countries) are joining the fight by doing what they can.
It takes just $100,000 to fund a pediatric cancer research project, and yet 25% of children diagnosed with cancer don’t survive due to lack of funding for more effective, less harmful treatments.
With less than 4% of the National Cancer Institute’s budget allocated for pediatric cancers (that’s for ALL pediatric cancers), we can’t progress without support from people like you.
The biggest misconception about donating or fundraising is that a few dollars here and there can’t possibly make a difference. That couldn’t be further from the truth. When you have enough people, even the smallest acts of kindness can make a world of difference. That’s the power of people; that’s Good Cookie Power! Just think about this:
- About 850,000 people are expected to attend the St. Patrick’s Day celebration in Boston this year. If each one of those people donated just $1 to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer, we could fund 8 new, potentially life-saving pediatric cancer research projects.
- An estimated 4.3 million people ride the NYC subway every single day? If each of them donated just $2 (the cost of one subway token/ride) to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer, we could fund 86 research projects! ($8.6 million).
- Around 35 million people in the U.S. alone tune in for the Oscars each year. If each person tuning in donated just $1 to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer, we could fund 350 pediatric cancer research projects.
- The Daytona Speedway seats over 165,000. If every person attending the Daytona 500 this Sunday gave JUST $1, we could fund a pediatric cancer research grant. If each gave $150, an average ticket price, 245 grants could be funded.
- It costs $180,000 PER HOUR to run Air Force One, and the federal budget allows for practically unlimited use. It costs $100,000 to fund a pediatric cancer research project, yet 25% of kids diagnosed don’t survive due to lack of funding for new treatments. We can’t change Air Force One’s funding, but we CAN help improve pediatric cancer statistics. Host an event, order cookies or donate online. Every dollar counts.
Join the conversation online – @Cookies4kids #GoodCookiePower