Let’s make a difference together this September.
Did you know?
- September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.
- Cancer is the #1 cause of death by disease of children in the U.S.
- Less than 4% of the National Cancer Institute’s budget goes to all childhood cancers combined.
- Every day, 40,000 kids in the US are actively battling cancer.
- The one thing that can truly change the facts of childhood cancers forever — FUNDING for research to find new, improved therapies.
So, what can you do?
How about joining the 50 State Challenge? #50States4Kids
This September, we want children to know they are not fighting alone. We are proposing a 50 State Challenge — let’s band together to have at least one fundraising event in EVERY state during the month of September.
What if you are short on time or don’t know how to bake?
Good news — the list of ways to help kids this September is endless.
- Get your school on board for a giving day — host a Hat Day to “Put a Lid on Cancer.” In exchange for a donation to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer, students get to wear their favorite hats to school.
- Take the giving day idea to your employer and enjoy a Casual Friday in exchange for support of Cookies for Kids’ Cancer.
- Ask your favorite local restaurant to pick a signature item for September and donate the proceeds back to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer.
- A September charity pub crawl is a great way to spend a fall Saturday afternoon and make a difference to kids battling cancer.
- Running a race this September? Ask your couch potato buddies to support your steps by donating to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer. BONUS: We have easy-to-use online fundraising pages to make this happen with a click of a button.
- Check in with your yoga or spin instructor and encourage them to donate a class to support childhood cancer research.
- Does your birthday fall in September? “Give” it to kids fighting cancer by asking friends and family to donate to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer in your honor. TIP: This is another great way to take advantage of our awesome fundraising pages!
- Of course, taking advantage of a sweet tooth is always a good idea! Big or small, a bake sale can put your state on the map. Host it at your desk or grab your best friends and team up to pile up goodies at the local farmer’s market.
Being part of the 50 State Challenge is a way to be part of the ultimate goal: Raise vital research dollars to give HOPE to children fighting cancer today.
Be A Good Cookie and join the Challenge today.