1. September is Pediatric Cancer Awareness month. Cookies for Kids’ Cancer is hoping to have 50 bake sales (at least one per state) in the month of September to raise awareness. We hope, more than anything, you will put it on your calendar NOW to host a bake sale.
2. When you set a date for your bake sale, please REGISTER on our site. When you register your bake sale, we can help you by posting information on our blog, our Facebook page and on Twitter. We are thrilled to help promote your bake sale.
3. Daunted by the idea of a bake sale? Don’t go it alone. Just today I emailed with an amazing good cookie up in Pennsylvania who hosted a bake sale last year on Election Day. Now she’s working with a local restaurant to have a Cookies for Kids’ Cancer night. For every customer who comes in that day with a flyer about Cookies, the restaurant will donate 10% of the check to our organization. It’s that easy.
4. Speaking of how we can help you, please help us keep you up to speed on what’s happening here at Cookies by joining our Facebook page! We have a Facebook group with more than 950 members. Our hope now is to get all 950+ members to make the jump to the Facebook page, then grow and grow and grow from there.
5. We need your love, support and enthusiasm now more than ever. Liam Witt, the inspiration for his parents to create Cookies for Kids’ Cancer, began another round of chemotherapy this week as a result of a relapse of neuroblastoma. This news has been shocking to the Cookies team – beyond hard to believe and truly heart wrenching. The idea behind Cookies for Kids’ Cancer was to raise money to find the best treatments and cures for pediatric cancer. The cures cannot get here fast enough. The most important ways to support Cookies and Liam right now include: 1) prayers and positive energy and hope sent his way; 2) start planning now to host a bake sale in September or whenever works for you; 3) send us your stories and pictures about bake sales you’ve hosted; 4) purchase cookies through the website to help spread the word all over the world about helping kids like Liam who simply need a cure.
Thank you – for coming to the blog, for showing your support, for being a good cookie.