Throughout the month of May, our longtime supporters over at The Glad Products Company are matching 100% of funds raised at bake sales and other Cookies for Kids’ Cancer events, up to $225,000. It’s their biggest match ever, and it’s all in honor of Liam Witt – known to many as Prince Liam the Brave – who courageously battled pediatric cancer for 4 years. Liam’s battle ended on January 24th, and Glad committed then to honor Liam and what would have been his birthday on May 13th with their biggest match ever.
It’s taking love, sweat, and lots of cookies to reach that $225,000 match, but it’s happening – one bake sale at a time. In honor of all the moms who are packing snacks on the go for their families as they get ready for their bake sale AND for bake sale hosts looking for the perfect new recipe to feature in GladWare or Glad Bags, we wanted to share two super-yummy recipes. Give them a try today – for your kids or for your bake sale that will benefit all kids in the fight against pediatric cancer.
Gluten free white chocolate macadamia butter cookies with craisins
MAKES 51/2 POUNDS RAW COOKIE DOUGH->ABOUT 41/2 DOZEN 3- TO 31/2-INCH COOKIES
½ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
3 cups macadamia nut butter (MY YIELD WAS 21/2 CUPS NUT BUTTER; I THINK THE RECIPE SHOULD CALL FOR 4 CUPS MACADAMIA NUTS, THEN GRIND THEM BELOW)
1¼ cups brown sugar
1¼ cups sugar (granulated)
1 T vanilla
5½ cups gluten free flour mix, such as Bob’s Red Mill All
Purpose Gluten Free Baking Flour
2 t gluten free baking powder
2 t baking soda
½ tablespoon salt
1½ cups white chocolate chips (I USED THE WHOLE 12-OUNCE BAG)
1½ cups craisins (I USED A 6-OUNCE BAG)
1. Grind 4 cups of nuts to yield about 3 cups of nut butter.
2. In a medium size bowl, mix together the flours, baking powder,
baking soda, and salt.
3. Add the butter and the macadamia nut butter to a mixer bowl and cream together on medium speed, do not whip.
4. Add both sugars to the butters and mix on medium low to incorporate.
5. Slowly mix in the eggs, one at a time, and then add in the vanilla into the bowl to bring together.
6. Add the dry ingredients to the large bowl and mix to bring together, gently mix in the white chocolate chips and cranberries. Spoon into a bowl of granulated sugar and roll to coat, place onto a parchment lined baking sheet (for easy clean up) and bake in preheated 325° oven for 15 minutes or until cracks have developed on top of the cookies. (I BAKED 1 BATCH AT A TIME; SOME NEEDED A HAIR LONGER)
7. Remove from oven and let cool.
Fluffernutter Crunch Brownies Recipe
1. Bake regular brownies in a 9 x 13 pan. Let them cool.
2. Spread a layer of marshmallow fluff on cooled brownies.
3. Melt a 12 oz. bag of chocolate chips and stir in 1 cup of peanut butter and 1 cup of Rice Krispies. Spread over the fluff.
4. Refrigerate until firm.
Happy Baking! It’s not to late to plan your May event. Join us today and be a Good Cookie!